Fast Track Fellowship
WHAT IS THE FAST TRACK FELLOWSHIP?
The Fast Track Fellowship program supports independent Victorian entrepreneurs and industry workers from small to medium sized music companies to build international connections.
The program will embed two mid-level professional music managers within high-functioning global music companies for a minimum of two full months between December 2017 and May 2018.
The Fast Track Fellowship is a key initiative of the Victorian Government's Music Passport program, designed to strengthen the global reach, profile and capability of Victoria's music industry. It's delivered by Association of Artist Managers (AAM) and the Independent Record Label Association (AIR) in partnership with Creative Victoria.
Applications Open - THURSDAY 19 OCTOBER 2017 (MIDDAY ADST)
Applications Close – MONDAY 30 OCTOBER 2017 (MIDNIGHT ADST)
Finalists Interview – WEDNESDAY 8 OR THURSDAY 9 NOVEMBER 2017 (Face to face in Melbourne)
Successful Recipients Notified - MONDAY 18 NOVEMBER
Fellowship Activities can be undertaken between DECEMBER 2017 – MAY 2018
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS FUNDING?
The two manager recipients will be able to demonstrate:
- That they are recognised by the industry, and their peers, as mid-level professional music managers
- Membership of key industry organisations and / or documented professional experience of no less than three (3) years
- Currently Victorian based. Priority will be given to those that demonstrate at least two consecutive years of activity in Victoria, and further priority if managing Victorian artists
- An ongoing commitment to a professional artist management career, eg. personal investment through programs such as Control, The Seed, AAM Mentor Program or tertiary level music/business/marketing qualifications
- Why the market they intend to be based in is a priority. Note that priority will be given to those who have commitment in writing from a proposed host organisation.
- How they intend to maximise the opportunity in that market before, during and after the placement
- How they can provide ongoing communication with Victorian industry whilst undertaking the fellowship
- Provide examples of how they can provide educational opportunities, post their trip, to support broader dissemination of their experience and knowledge to the Victorian industry
- Professional personal presentation and verbal/written communication skills
THE TWO HOST ORGANISATIONS WILL:
- Be high functioning global music management and/or music service delivery companies
- Commit to host the recipient for the two months
- Commit to provide professional networking opportunities
- Provide desk and office space (including costs of power, internet, office consumables) for two months
- Integrate the participant into their workplace activities for a minimum of 38 hours a week and allow the participant to spend at least 20% of their time on their existing business activities
- Understand their responsibilities and commit to expected outcomes
Successful recipients will receive no more than $20,000 each with funding eligible to cover the following costs: flights, accommodation, on the ground transport, visas, insurance, per diems and registration fees for professional industry events whilst in market.
Recipients will be expected to work on their own projects (providing there is no conflict of interest with the host organisation) for a minimum of 20% of business hours during a working week
Restrictions on the use of the funding:
- Organisations and small businesses can only have one recipient each round from any Fast Track Fellowship program.
- Applications cannot be made to both AIR and AAM by the same applicant
- Recipients are not eligible for any other Creative Victoria grants to support this project
- Funds may only be expended within the stipulated activity timeline
Successful applicants must return a signed funding agreement and supply a tax invoice (plus GST if registered for GST) before payment of the fellowships can be made. Payment will be made in full prior to the commencement of Fellowship activity.
Under the funding agreement, all funding recipients are required to provide Creative Victoria with a comprehensive acquittal of their activities. The acquittal is due 4 weeks from the completion date of the activities. You are required to acquit against your original application.
Failure to submit an acquittal, or submission of an unsatisfactory report will render you ineligible to apply for further funding, and in instances where an acquittal shows that funding has not been used for the purpose specified in the original application, Creative Victoria will seek the return of funds.
- If eligible (as above) the applicant must complete the application form by the due date. The application must address the eligibility criteria and support material must be provided as required.
- If short-listed the applicant will need to attend a face-to-face interview in Melbourne on either 8 or 9 November
- All decisions are final and will be ratified with Creative Victoria prior to offer
WHO ASSESSES THE APPLICATIONS?
A panel of three AAM representatives will undertake all application assessments and interview the final 4 shortlisted applicants.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications will open on 19 October 2017 and close at midnight ADST Monday 31st October.
You will need to provide the following information and supporting evidence in your application:
- Full contact, organisation details, ABN, next of kin and passport information
- Personal biography and career history (no longer than 2 A4 pages)
- Comprehensive strategic plan identifying clear objectives for the activities to be undertaken
- Clearly articulate the why the preferred host company/city/country and why now
- Artist links, industry partners and career objectives for 2018-2020
- Financial Budget
For all Fast Track Fellowship enquiries or questions, please contact AAM Executive Director Leanne De Souza at firstname.lastname@example.org